Top 10 Security Threats
Securitas USA surveyed a wide range of security managers and directors, facilities managers and others responsible for the safety and security of corporate America's people, property and information from Fortune 1000 companies. The objective was to identify emerging trends related to perceived security threats, management challenges and operational issues. This has created a reliable data-driven tool for security professionals to apply as they define priorities and strategies, develop business plans, create budgets and set management agendas.
The 2008 survey drew 250 responses from corporate security directors and other executives with primary responsibility for their companies' security programs, yielding a 26.3% response rate.
The study revealed the issues of greatest concern to corporate security directors in rank order.
2008 Top Security Threats
Workplace Violence Prevention/Response
- Business Continuity Planning
- Cyber/Communication Security: Internet/Intranet Security
- Employee Selection/Screening
- (tie) General Employee Theft
- (tie) Property Crime
- Fraud/White-Collar Crime
- Unethical Business Conduct
- Crisis Management and Response: Political Unrest/Regional Instability/National Disasters